Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don’t Hide From Your Finances

Everyone has excuses as to why they ignore their personal finance; or they are simply too overwhelmed to tackle them. This is completely understandable, when you are in debt it’s a frustrating situation and takes time and discipline to get out of. We don’t want people to know exactly how bad things are, but trust me someone is always in a worse situation. We don’t know where to start or what to do to get on the right track. That’s why I write this blog. I tell my story, all the good and bad, to show it is possible to dig out from any hole. I have made my mistakes with money that I am sharing openly in hopes that others will find my struggles and small victories with the whole world, well anyone who reads this blog.

Embarrassment is no reason to hide from your finances. Anyone can get out from under any debt they may have with patience and dedication. It is possible. I write this blog because I believe everyone should be financially independent and keep more of their money for themselves and their families. I come from, let’s call it, a very humble beginning. Growing up there just wasn’t enough for our needs, let alone wants. This has made me very passionate about helping others because generous people helped my family. I want to pay it forward.

I call this blog Personal Finance 4 the People and get questions about who “the People” are. “The People” to me are my people – those who may not earn a lot, minorities, young adults just beginning their lives, members of the LGBT community who are scared away from reaching out for help simply because of who they are. These are my people, I am them.
Everyone I have helped to become financially independent has gotten out of debt and have been able to financially do more of what they want with their money. They are offered complete confidentiality and an understanding of budgets, savings, credit cards, and whatever they may have come to me for assistance with. Distance is no issue with technology being what it is.

Financial education is very important, but we are rarely taught how to handle our money so we make mistakes that leave us deep in debt. Not knowing the best ways to handle your money is no reason to ignore them altogether.

I are here to help; if you are ready to begin your journey towards financial independence you can reach out to me and we will figure out the best plan for you and your particular situation, with complete confidentiality. With this economy, there are no excuses as to why you are not looking out for your money because no one else is.
Email me at personalfinance4thepeople@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment