Monday, September 5, 2011

What Do You Do With Your Spare Change?

Photobucket

You know that spare change you find in your pockets, in the couch, in your car, or wherever? What do you do with it?

Every week, I give myself an allowance of $20. I use this if I want to eat out or buy something I don't really need. At the end of the week I put all the change into jars. I have a jar for quarters - I use these for laundry, a jar for the remaining silver coins, a jar for pennies, and a jar for for bills. When each coin jar is full, I take it to Coinstar and put the bills in the bill jar and the coins in their respective jar. I have a goal for the money I am using the jars to save with; I use that as my tattoo/shoe fund. When I have the decided on amount I can go and spend it without take away from anything else. 

 Here are some ideas for spare change:

 Stick them in a jar (or equivalent) and (eventually) take them to the bank/Coinstar 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Carry them around in your pocket/purse until you spend them
 
Photobucket

Toss them into a fountain and make a wish 

Photobucket

Tell people to “keep the change” 

Photobucket

Give them to panhandlers 

Photobucket

Something else entirely

Photobucket

What do you do with your spare change?

No comments:

Post a Comment